Having a responsive website is a must this year. On a recent webinar, a roundtable of professionals from Market Hardware covered the latest need to know methods to improve your web marketing.
Here are a few takeaways:
- Having a responsive website is a must this year. Prospects are using a wide variety of platforms to browse the Internet, and having a responsive site helps ensure consistency, plus Google penalizes sites that aren’t mobile-optimized.
- Even word-of-mouth referrals pass are searched through Google. Clients are more likely to tell their friends and colleagues to search for your business online rather than providing your contact information.
- The market for search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC) has become saturated and competitive. Try more out-of-the box strategies such as email newsletters and banner re-targeting.
- Follow the rule of 90/10 when it comes to the creating an email newsletter. The goal is for your content to be 90 percent educational/informational and only 10 percent promotional.
- There are a lot of options when it comes to choosing a marketing team for your business. Be sure to ask them the right questions:
- Is there a contract involved?
- What will you be doing on a monthly basis?
- Are you familiar with my industry?
- How do you stay up to date on the latest web trends?
NALP members have free access to more than 100 archived webinars and dozens of new live webinars each year.