Top 3 takeaways from Inbound Marketing 101, presented by Tyler Richer of HubSpot during the National Association of Landscape Professionals Design/Build/Installation Symposium in Boston, Massachusetts.
1. It’s not about being everywhere; it’s about being the right places. Know where your potential clients are spending time (social media, driving down the highway, etc.) and focus your marketing efforts there. It’s about being in the right place at the right time to grab and keep their attention.
2. Personalize your approach. Know your client’s pain points, and show them that you have the solution. Live in a drought area? Show them drought-friendly plants that you use. Your focus should not be on what you can do for them, but why they need you to do it for them.
3. Know the buying process, and be ready with tools.
- Awareness. As your prospects learn about you, be quick to show them that you can offer reports, expert advice, education, guides, and estimators and calculators. Show them your value.
- Consideration. Prove that you’re worth it. Have comparison charts ready, work toward live interactions with clients, and show videos of your services.
- Decision. State the facts on why you’re the best. Share testimonials and case studies, offer trial services, compare yourself to others in the industry. Make it clear why clients should choose you.