Do your customers understand that efficient irrigation can save them water and money? Participate in the Smart Irrigation Month campaign and position your company as a leader in water-saving practices with customers, business partners and peers.
Here are some smart ideas to help you become a smart leader this July from the Irrigation Association.
Market Your Business as a Leader in Smart Irrigation Month
- Promote the benefits of smart irrigation in social media.
- Add irrigation or water-saving themed cover photos to your company’s social media account.
- Add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to your website, email signature, ads, field signs, invoices and more. Get it here.
- Post a blog post about irrigation best practices on your website or incorporate it in your email marketing.
- Make smart irrigation the theme of sales calls.
- Feature water-efficient products and services in displays, ads, promotions and product demos with the Smart Irrigation Month logo.
- Use a banner, outside signage or counter sign to encourage customers to ask about how smart irrigation can save water and money.
- Encourage customers to make existing systems more efficient with easy retrofits, such as rain sensors, moisture sensors and pressure regulators.
Engage With Others to Promote Smart Irrigation Month
- Submit a press release or letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Lobby your town to proclaim July as Smart Irrigation Month.
- Volunteer to speak to a local homeowner association, garden club or civic group.
- Ask your local radio station to play a public service announcement about smart water use.