Last Thursday, Senate and House Agriculture Committee leadership met officially for the first time to discuss the 2018 Farm Bill, prior to full Conference Committee discussions. Leadership of the Committees that met include Agriculture Committee Chairmen Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) and Rep. K. Michael Conaway (R-TX) and Ranking Members Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) and Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN). A full conference meeting including all the conferees will occur at a later date, likely not until September after the August recess. Staffers on both Agriculture committees and for all the conferees will be busy working toward reconciling the two version of the farm bill in August and NALP will stay heavily engaged in the process; advocating for the inclusion of the critical pesticide preemption language in the final Farm Bill.
Social Media Icons
Subscribe to Receive Blog Updates
- 5 Ways To Banish Burnout In Your Landscape Business
- 5 Ways to Boost Teamwork and Productivity in Your Landscape Business
- Top 3 Ways Landscape Business Owners Can Overcome Weaknesses
- The Workforce Shortage is Real … Here’s How the Landscape Industry Plans to Cope
- What Will the Landscape Company of the Future Look Like?
- Landscape Spending Sets Records
- Which 2019 Garden Trend Will Improve Your Business?
- How to Better Manage Negative Customer Reviews
- H-2B Cap Relief Pushed Until After the Mid-Terms
- Rising Concerns with Distracted Drivers