By now, I am sure you have heard of the Industry Growth Initiative, and if you haven’t, we’d be happy to fill you in on our marketing and public relations campaign to grow the industry and its workforce!
The spring season is a great time to work with the media on industry stories and it is the best time to promote our industry and drive people to our Hire a Pro directory of NALP members.
The IGI has been busy in May – to be honest, we’ve been crushing it. Here are a few of the great media stories and advertising we’ve put in place to drive members to hire a professional landscape or lawn care firm.
- Did you see our lawn care tips on People.com that includes a link to LoveYourLandscape.org? The website reaches a whopping 43 million unique visitors per month.
- Home improvement guru Bob Vila’s website which reaches 1.2 million visitors a month ran Bad Neighbors: 11 Plant Pairs Never to Grow Side by Side and sought NALP’s expertise for their front page posting.
- We grabbed the coveted front page of USA Today for a Snapshot on the importance of seeding which reaches 3.7 million readers.
- Check out Kiplinger’s Personal Finance online 13 Ways to Simplify Your Finances, that encourages readers to use a landscape professional and find one at LoveYourLandscape.org. Kiplinger’s website gets 3.7 million unique visitors a month.
- The very trendy Zillow includes NALP’s commentary on landscape design trends for 2017.
- We helped RealtorMag.com with this piece on curb appeal tips when you have a small yard and Realtor.com published home maintenance tasks you should tackle in May.
- We also launched a new content marketing program with Outbrain to place stories from LoveYourLandscape.org on popular websites like FoxBusiness.com.
- We also worked with STIHL on a Satellite Media Tour and conducted 21 television and radio interviews on stations across the country.
What does all this media mean for NALP pros?
It means more consumers are going to LoveYourLandscape.org and using our Find a Pro directory where they can search for NALP member companies. We are driving consumers to the directory through advertising as well. We recently ran Find a Pro ad on Facebook and reached 95,086 unique Facebook users, resulting in nearly 4,000 clicks to the Find a Pro directory – with just one ad!
The advertising and marketing campaigns to grow the industry are supported by companies who donate to the Industry Growth Initiative. Pledge your support today! For more information contact email@example.com.