And the award goes to…
We were really excited last week in Louisville to honor some of the best work in the industry at the 48th Annual Awards of Excellence. See a list of winners here. One hundred and thirty-six projects received Awards of Excellence this year, with Judges Awards going to Walnut Hill Landscape Company, Southern Botanical and David J. Frank Landscape Contracting.
Awards were also presented to the following companies for their community service work:
- SunValley Landscaping
- Swingle Lawn Tree and Landscaping
- Summit Landscapes
- Toledo Lawn
And TruGreen and Environmental Enhancements were honored with Environmental Stewardship Awards.
The following advocacy awards were also announced:
- Federal Advocate of the Year – Tim Portland, Yellowstone Landscape
- State and Local Advocate of the Year – Bob Mann, National Association of Landscape Professionals, (formerly with Lawn Dawg)
- State Association Advocate of the Year – Mike Leman, Singing Hills Landscape, in association with ALCC.
Accomplishments in certification were also honored. The following companies were honored because they had the highest percentage of Landscape Industry Certified staff:
- Monarch Landscape Company
- Gothic Landscape
- James Martin Associates, Inc.
- Pacific Landscape Management
- Timberline Landscaping, Inc.
- Weisburg Landscape Maintenance
- Lang Landscape, LLC
- Environmental Management Services, Inc.
The Companies with greatest number of newly certified staff in 2017 were also honored:
- Gothic Landscape
- Kimberly Nurseries, Inc.
- Kauai Nursery & Landscaping, Inc.
A new award was introduced this year. NALP has partnered with Houzz to create the Houzz People’s Choice award. Awards of Excellence projects are voted on by the Houzz online audience of 1 million consumers per month. The first Houzz People’s Choice Award for Best Water Feature was awarded to Ledden Palimeno Landscape Company for their project, Historic Collingswood.
The Awards Celebration was sponsored by Caterpillar.