Last week, the Department of Homeland Security transmitted a proposed H-2B related rule to the Office of Management and Budget for review. This is an important first step in our quest for H-2B cap-relief. However, the nature of the rule has still not been made public. We are working with our Champions of Capitol Hill to learn more. This week, DHS Secretary Nielsen is scheduled to testify before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. During the hearing, several of our Senate supporters are prepared to ask questions about the proposed rule and timing of its implementation. We know that many of you are struggling right now and are counting on the administration authorizing additional visas. We continue to aggressively work on your behalf and will relay any developments on cap-relief as soon as additional information is known.
Social Media Icons
Subscribe to Receive Blog Updates
- H-2B Cap Relief Pushed Until After the Mid-Terms
- Rising Concerns with Distracted Drivers
- Lawn, Landscape, and Sports Turf Field Day at Virginia Tech
- 4 Make or Break Web Marketing Trends for Landscaping Companies
- One Contractor’s Journey Toward a Stronger Team
- The West Coast Turns Out for the NALP Field Trip
- Use the NALP Action Center to Contact Legislators
- Telling the Story of Landscape Career Paths
- Senate and House Agriculture Committee Leaders Meet to Discuss Farm Bill
- U.S. House of Representatives Adjourns for August Recess; Meet with your legislators in your district!